SGS SA Recognized for Its Commitment to Quality Through ISO 17025 Accreditation Renewal by GAC
SGS Inspection Services Saudi Arabia Ltd. successfully renewed its ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation for its testing methods in its independent laboratories.
SGS Inspection Services Saudi Arabia Ltd. has successfully renewed its ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation for its independent laboratories in Jubail and Yanbu based on the 2017 version of the standard. The laboratories were are accredited by the Gulf Accreditation Centre (GAC). GAC is a signatory to the Arab Accreditation Cooperation (ARAC)and Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) multilateral recognition agreements, which are internationally recognized by the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), the two global associations of accreditation bodies. The test methods covered under the ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation include petroleum industry standards such as ASTM, ISO, UOP and IP test methods.
SGS offers services to petroleum & petrochemical industry in the Arabian Peninsula from production to consumption. It supports the downstream industry with numerous laboratory tests and analyses in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, and other locations in Middle East:
- Crude Oil Testing & Analysis
- Condensate Refinery Petroleum Product Testing (Naphtha, Gasoline, Jet A1/Kerosene, Gas Oil, Fuel Oil, Bitumen)
- Transformer Oil Testing & Analysis
- Lubricating Oil Testing - Oil Condition Monitoring (Engine Lube Oil, Turbine Lube Oil, Hydraulic Lube Oil)
- Gas Testing (LPG, Natural Gases, Refinery Gases
- Various Petrochemical Testing
Laboratories that deploy the independent controls for such testing activities are obliged to be have ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation. Accreditation to such a standard demonstrates the competence of an operator and the credibility of the certificates it provides and is based on international criteria. Some of the significant standard requirements which is entailed in the 2017 version of the accreditation process are:
- A new unified structure to match other accreditation standards
- Highlighted impartiality on activity and personal level, among others
- Introduction of risk-based thinking to identify risks and opportunities as a basis for action
- Metrological traceability with more requirements for calibrations
- Additional requirements for IT systems
- Introduction of new term decision rule regarding measurement uncertainty in pass/fail evaluation.
Roy Skaria, Managing Director for SGS Saudi Arabia & Bahrain, said: “This accreditation from GAC affirms our commitment to the overall improvement of laboratory services we offered in Saudi Arabia. This is a testament of our commitment to consistently deliver quality services to our customers.”
SGS Oil, Gas & Chemicals laboratories also adhere to international standard methods like ASTM, IP, EN, DIN, ISO, IEC, UOP, etc. and has full tracking facilities and equipment for latest amendments.
For laboratory testing & analysis inquiries in Saudi Arabia, please contact:
Oil, Gas & Chemicals - Laboratories
SGS Inspection Services Saudi Arabia Ltd.
m: +966 540636568