Implementation of GCTS (G MARK & Gulf Conformity Tracking Symbol)- in GCC
GSO Regulations aim to save consumers in GCC from unsafe and non complying products.
GSO regulations issued are accessible on GSO website: www.gso.org.sa main products regulations are:
- GSO Technical Regulation On Toys: Second Edition - BD-131704-01
- Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment (LVE)- BD-142004-01
- Gulf Conformity Tracking Symbol (GCTS) is introduced by GSO on 1st July 2016 and implemented on 1st January 2017, with grace period till 1st April 2017.
- Even though the regulation for GSO is unified in all the GCC, each member state in GCC has the right to issue local decrees for the implementation of the regulations within the state, below chart shows the implementation of each regulations in GCC:
SGS as a Notified Body by GSO can assist you complying with GSO requirements.
Following products are under G MARK:
1. Domestic Electrical Fans
2. Refrigerators, freezers and other refrigerating or freezing equipment
3. Centrifugal clothes dryers and clothes washing machines, including machines with both wash and dry
4. Food grinders & mixers, fruit or vegetables juice extractor
6. Electro-thermic hair-dressing apparatus and hand dryers
7. Domestic electric heating apparatus
8. Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters
9. Microwave ovens
10. Air conditioners
11. Plugs, socket outlets, adaptors, Cord extension sets and chargers
12. Other ovens; cookers, cooking plates, boiling rings, grillers and roasters
13. Electric smoothing iron
and Children Toys
For more information please click Here