Implementation of GCTS (G MARK & Gulf Conformity Tracking Symbol)- in UAE
Starting from April 1, 2017 The Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA) in collaboration with GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) will commence market surveillance activities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), verifying strict compliance to the aforementioned regulation, specifically marking (GCTS) and technical requirements for product compliance.
Via Communications with Notified Body and Trade, ESMA strongly emphasized the importance of compliance to the set forth requirements in order to avoid any violations being issued against products and/or establishment.
SGS as a Notified Body by ESMA and GSO can assist you complying with GSO and ESMA requirements.
Following products are under G MARK:
1. Domestic Electrical Fans
2. Refrigerators, freezers and other refrigerating or freezing equipment
3. Centrifugal clothes dryers and clothes washing machines, including machines with both wash and dry
4. Food grinders & mixers, fruit or vegetables juice extractor
6. Electro-thermic hair-dressing apparatus and hand dryers
7. Domestic electric heating apparatus
8. Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters
9. Microwave ovens
10. Air conditioners
11. Plugs, socket outlets, adaptors, Cord extension sets and chargers
12. Other ovens; cookers, cooking plates, boiling rings, grillers and roasters
13. Electric smoothing iron
For more information please click Here